Translate

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Performance 4 Diary



                                   


Today I went to Castro dressed up like a stereotypical beautiful woman. I wore leather boots with small high heels, skinny high waist jeans, turtle neck dress shirt, leather jacket, makeup,wig and bop hat. I couldn't perform in the right exact spot Joe played but I was just a few steps from it. When I started analyzing my surroundings I noticed that the was a man covered with a sleeping bag inside a cardboard box a few steps away from me. I did thought about what this meant and how what I was doing would be seen as improper. It was a rivalry, people will have to decided who they want to give their lose change to.

While playing I received the usual stares, smiles and nods. Some people stopped long enough to hear most of my songs too. My first tip was from this man who as he got near me said "Thank you for adding  music to the streets". I also noticed how some people stopped for a fraction of a second in the metaphorical crossroad before walking toward the homeless man instead of me or the other way. I continued to play music, the same repertory I have been playing this past few weeks. A young man not only tipped me but chatted with me "thank you so much, you just made my day by playing one of my favorite songs, it was beautiful", after that he asked my name, gave me his and we shake hands, afterwards he also offered giving me his gloves because it was cold and he was afraid I may hurt my hands, I declined his offer but thanked him.

My last tip was also memorable, it was from man who didn't seem to have much, dirty clothes, messy hair, he was friends with the man next to me. He probably didn't had more than a few dollars and he gave me one. I thanked him but I didn't know how to react to that. I decided I was going to give them both all of my tips. Unfortunately they left without my knowledge and I couldn't give. I still feel a shame for my lack of initiative.





When I am Raquelle and I am playing at Castro I am worth $12 and hour.

http://www.photosnack.com/CynthiaBeltrnIslas/performance4.html

No comments:

Post a Comment