Translate

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Complete interview with the artist transcript


Why did you choose the personas you did?
I just feel that if I was one character that fallowed all those gender roles, and she was this perfect looking person in a way, I will get better treatment, and see how much of difference it wold make of that person with myself. The other one is this kind of homeless person. I have been reading a lot about the issue of homeless people in San Francisco, they talk about how just because they are on the streets we tend to not pay attention to them, maybe because we are doing our own thing that we forget they are human beings. I want to have a balance of two contrasting personalities from being completely dehumanized person to getting all of the attention for looking nicer and all of that.



How do you think people will react to each one? what are the predicted differences?
I just think that there may be the possibility that some people may be surprised to see that I actually know how to play and I look the way I look. The other personality where I will be dressing nice, I am going to have the assumption that people will notice me faster than any other of all of my alter egos just for the fact I look nicer.


How would you like people to act?
I would like them to give me a chance on each scenario, after all I did put on violin practice hours for this performance.


Do you think this project will affect you or change you in any way? how?
Yes, it will. because it will either confirm my theory or decline it and that will change my perspective on society and I will either feel my hope for humanity restored or damaged more.


What would you like you audience to take away from this?
I want everyone to take  a moment to look inside themselves and analyze whenever they had used stereotypes to stay away from someone, either they were completely conscious or not. I want to invite them to give people a chance. If you don't want to give your money to every homeless you see, that is fine but be respectful, treat them with dignity, and donate to local organizations that help the homeless to get back up to their feet.


What songs are you playing and why? Do they mean anything to you?
I am playing a couple of classical music one of them is "barcarolle", this music is my specialty and also I know I play more passionate, even if they are not as recognized at least I can transmit some emotion to whoever wants to listen. I also chose a couple of covers of my favorite song, that are also well known and beautiful "somewhere over the rainbow" and "Cant help falling in love with you" I feel I will get a stronger reaction from them, and of course I will play some Christmas music, partially because I want to be somehow obnoxious but also because winter is coming and it is typically expected for performers to play holidays music.


What are your expectations? Do you think people will act hostile towards you?
I don't know, I want to believe that there is good in all people and that they wont treat me like shit just because I look like shit. I want to believe they will be compassionate towards the raggedy me and give me more money, or at least positive vibes.



Do you have an intended audience?
Anyone with the ability of feeling compassion



No comments:

Post a Comment